Want to coach?
Contact Rick Bresnahan for more information at: 236-2655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Not necessarily but it comes in handy. What you need most are a passion for the game, the ability to teach the game, and most of all the ability to make it fun for all involved. There are plenty of courses for those interested in coaching. Head coaches are required to have an “E” license or higher but every team needs assistant coaches to help with organization and instruction. Ryan Hurley, our Director of Coaching, also helps mentor our new coaches and provides coaching support for current coaches.
Overview of the Pen Bay Soccer Club Philosophy:
- The first responsibility of the coach is to provide a safe environment.
- The second responsibility is to insure the activity is fun.
- The third responsibility is to develop the players to their full potential.
- Ensure that all of these responsibilities are carried out equally.
* Be prepared and arrive early. Have your training session planned out and your area set up with the necessary equipment (Visit the Coaching Resources page for some great ideas!)
* Use activities that will keep the most players if not all the players participating.
* No lines. No laps. No lectures (Keep your instruction to 30 seconds or less!)
* Challenge the players to achieve individual goals as well as team goals.
* Examples: Use your off foot, beat someone on the dribble, keep you passes and shots low.
Everyone associated with the Pen Bay Soccer Club whether in a volunteer role, a coaching role, or a referee role must submit a Risk Management Application. By submitting the RM application you will also be giving permission for Soccer Maine to preform a background check.